Current Professional Affiliation
Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology
University of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Parkland Memorial Hospital
Participation in AIUM Committee Work
(1) Annual Convention Committee (ACC) (2014-2017)
(2) Ultrasound Practice Accreditation Council: Council Member (2007-2013)
(3) Ultrasound Practice Accreditation Reviewer (2002-2007)
Senior Member, AIUM (2010-Present)
Contributions as a Faculty Member at AIUM Meetings
(1) Journal Reviewer: Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine (2013-2014)
(2) Annual Convention Committee (ACC): Abstract Reviewer (2014)
Primary Area(s) of Ultrasound Experience
(1) Professor, University of Texas Southwestern / Parkland Memorial Hospital
(2) Director of Ultrasound, North Dallas Obstetrics & Gynecology (2000-2013)
Placental Implantation Disorders / Morbidly Adherent Placental Disorders
Cesarean Scar Pregnancy
Thyroid Disease in Pregnancy
HIV in Pregnancy
Vaginal Birth After Cesarean Delievery
9 Published Papers
4 Book Chapters/Reviews
2 Review Articles
1 Case Report
Invited National Presentation: National Institute of Health: National Institutes of Health Consensus Developments Conference Statement: "Vaginal Birth After Cesarean: New Insights", 2010.
Affiliations and Positions with Other Professional Societies
(1) American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists, Fellow (ACOG) (1980-Present)
(2) American Institue of Ultrasound In Medicine, Senior Member (AIUM) (2010-Present)
(3) International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Member (ISUOG)
(4) Alpha Omega Alpha, Elected Member (1976)
(5) American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Journal Reviewer
(6) Journal of Ultrasound In Medicine, Journal reviewer (2013-Present)
What are your Goals for the AIUM?
My goals for the AIUM:
(1) Recognizing the large number of small medical practices utilizing office ultrasound without accreditation; continue to identify and facilitate their path leading to AIUM practice accreditation.
(2) Expand interest and integration of ultrasound usage in medical education.
(3) Continue to promote and broaden the platform of ultrasound research presented at the Annual Convention and the Journal of Ultrasound In Medicine.