Call for Community Officer Nominations
October 18, 2012
It's time to submit nominees for the position of secretary (2013-2015) for the following AIUM communities:
- Contrast-Enhanced Ultrasound Community
- High-Frequency Clinical and Preclinical Imaging Community
- Interventional-Intraoperative Ultrasound Community
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Community
- Neurosonology Community
- Pediatric Ultrasound Community
- Sonography Community
- Therapeutic Ultrasound Community
Nominations are due December 14, 2012.
Community officers are a crucial component in the development of educational activities and other AIUM services. No experience is needed, but candidates should be willing and able to network and reach out to and work with ultrasound professionals with related interests. Serving as a community officer is an exceptional opportunity for becoming involved in the AIUM.
To nominate a candidate for secretary,
- E-mail Janet Campbell—with a copy (cc) to the nominee as proof of the nominee’s interest in serving:
- The nominee’s name
- The community for which he or she is being nominated
- Have the nominee submit a brief biographical sketch (100 words maximum), which will be included on the election ballot.
• Nominees must
be AIUM members.
• You may
• Elections will be conducted in January via secret e-mail ballot of all the members of the respective communities.
• Term of office will begin the day after the close of the 2013 AIUM Annual Convention (April 11, 2013) and continue through the 2015 Annual Convention (March 25, 2015)Responsibilities and Commitment
Nominees should be willing to make a 6-year commitment as they will serve a progressively upward role: 2 years as secretary, 2 years as vice chair (and member of the Membership Committee), and 2 years as chair of their respective community. Each community leadership team plays a major role in the AIUM’s educational efforts, including, but not limited to
- Choosing topics for special interest courses for the Annual Convention
- Identifying speakers
- Assigning abstract review teams
- Designating moderators
- Coordinating with the Web Education Committee
Thank you for your participation in this process.
If you have questions, contact Janet Campbell
at 301-498-4100 or 800-638-5352 (ext 1765)