Join the AIUM's Annual Student/Resident/Fellow Membership Campaign
June 28, 2012
Do you have contact with medical students, residents, clinical or research fellows, sonography or other allied health students? This is their opportunity to enhance their educational experience through research tools, educational material, networking opportunities, and career development by becoming an AIUM member. Students, residents, and fellows can now apply online
for AIUM membership at a reduced rate of $25 for 12 months. Please share this information and make it your personal contribution to the advancement of medical ultrasound.How do students benefit from AIUM membership?
- Membership in a multidisciplinary organization such as the AIUM exposes students to an international community of professionals with a common interest in ultrasound.
- Access to the Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine online, in addition to a printed annual subscription, gives members the ability to research subjects with ease.
- Exposure to the many different diagnostic uses of ultrasound spurs new ideas and ways of thinking and fosters personal and professional growth as a result.
- Networking with members across the world is an invaluable resource to students, and it has never been easier through the AIUM’s 15 Communities of Practice, Facebook page, and Twitter connections.
- Discounts on AIUM educational materials, courses, and conventions are still more reasons to join.
- In addition to all of the other benefits, membership in a professional association demonstrates a strong commitment and investment in one’s career and is an excellent curriculum vitae or résumé builder.
Graduated Dues Structure for Student, Resident, and Fellow Members
Students, residents, and fellows in full-time educational programs join the AIUM as part of a graduated dues structure, which eases the transition from the student/resident/fellow dues rate to full general membership dues over 3 years. Join here