AIUM Communities & Interest Groups
The following communities and interest groups are accepting nominations for secretary:
- Contrast-Enhanced Ultrasound Community
- High-Frequency Clinical and Preclinical Imaging Community
- Interventional and Intraoperative Ultrasound Community
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Community
- Neurosonology Community
- Pediatric Ultrasound Community
- Sonography Community
The AIUM's community/interest-group leadership teams play a significant role in the AIUM's educational efforts, including, but not limited to,
- Choosing course topics for the Annual Convention
- Identifying speakers
- Assigning abstract review teams
- Designating moderators
- Identifying webinar topics and speakers
- Submitting case challenges
- Providing blog posts
- Recommending links, enduring materials, and resources to help promote the group's web presence.
- Providing updates for Sound Waves regarding topics of interest for the community
No experience is needed, but candidates should be willing and able to network and reach out to and work with ultrasound professionals with related interests. Candidates should understand that they are making a 6-year commitment as they serve a progressively upward role: 2 years as secretary, 2 years as vice chair, and 2 years as chair of their respective communities.
- Nominees must be AIUM members.
- You may nominate yourself.
- Elections will be conducted in January via a secret e-mail ballot of all AIUM members.
- The term of office will begin the day after the close of the 2017 AIUM Annual Convention (March 29, 2017) and continue through the 2019 Annual Convention (April 10, 2019).
- Nominations are due by December 1, 2016.
To nominate a candidate for secretary,
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org—with a copy (cc) to the nominee as proof of the nominee's interest in serving—
- The nominee's name
- The community or interest group for which he or she is being nominated
- Have the nominee submit a brief biographical sketch (100 words maximum), which will be included on the election ballot.
If you have questions, contact email@example.com.